So, this morning I tried something new. I wanted to make a traditional breakfast, but I’m watching what I’m eating these days…Sooooooo…this is what I came up with.
Ingredients: Grands Biscuits (5 pack), 5 eggs, pre-cooked bacon, shredded cheese, salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare cupcake pan or cups (I have the silicone ones that my Dad gave me…no mess cleanup and totally reusable!)
- Split biscuits in half and press evenly into cupcake pan/cups
- Whisk 5 eggs in bowl ala scrambled eggs; add salt & pepper to taste and a touch of milk or water to add some “fluff” to your eggs (the water was a tip from my dear Mother-in-Love years ago)
- Fill each cupcake mold halfway – if it’s too full it will overflow the biscuit
- Sprinkle pre-cooked bacon and cheese – I used just a pinch and it was enough, but this is purely a matter of preference
- Cook according to biscuit instructions, but keep an eye on the eggs to make sure they are cooked all the way through
Calories: 1/2 biscuit – 85 cal.; 1/2 egg – 45 cal; bacon/cheese sprinkle – 15 cal.; TOTAL EST 145 CAL with some carbs, dairy and protein…not too bad for a complete breakfast!
Let me know if you try them and how they turn out!
Tagged: bacon, BFF, biscuit, biscuits, breakfast, breakfast sandwich, bullafamilyfarm, cheese, cooking, cupcake, egg, eggs, family, family breakfast, Grands Biscuits, salt & pepper, sammie, sandwich, shredded cheese, traditional breakfast